Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


01.12 Evening:

When shall I arise, and the night be gone?


Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh.

Yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.―He shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds.

I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. . . .Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you.

Let all thine enemies perish, O Lord: but let them that love him be as the sun when he goeth forth in his might.―Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

There shall be no night there.

Job 7:4 Isa 21:11,12 Heb 10:37 2Sa 23:4 Joh 14:2,3,27,28 Jdg 5:31 1Th 5:5 Re 21:25



Here it is again with the full verses and references

01.12 Evening:

(Job 7:4)When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day.


(Isaiah 21:11,12)The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.

(Hebrews 10:37)For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.--(II Samuel 23:4)And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.

(John 14:2,3)In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. . . . (John 14:27,28)Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

(Judges 5:31)So let all thine enemies perish, O Lord: but let them that love him be as the sun when he goeth forth in his might. And the land had rest forty years.--(I Thessalonians 5:5)Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

(Revelation 21:25)And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Job 7:4 Isa 21:11,12 Heb 10:37 2Sa 23:4 Joh 14:2,3,27,28 Jud 5:31 1Th 5:5 Re 21:25



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: