Friday, January 22, 2010

Evening Devotional



Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


01.22 Evening:

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.


When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me.―Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee.

I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.―If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, . . . and it shall be given him.

Who is sufficient for these things?―I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing.―My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.―Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.

My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; . . . when I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

Ps 94:19 61:2 Isa 38:14 Ps 55:22 1Ki 3:7 Jas 1:5 2Co 2:16 Ro 7:18 2Co 12:9 Mt 9:2,22 Ps 63:5,6



Here it is again with the full verses and references

01.22 Evening:

(Psalm 94:19)In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.


(Psalm 61:2)From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

(Isaiah 38:14)Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me.--(Psalm 55:22)Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

(I Kings 3:7)And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.--(James 1:5)If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

(II Corinthians 2:16)To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?--(Romans 7:18)For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.--(II Corinthians 12:9)And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

(Matthew 9:2)And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.--(Matthew 9:22)But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

(Psalm 63:5,6)My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: when I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

Ps 94:19 61:2 Isa 38:14 Ps 55:22 1Ki 3:7 Jas 1:5 2Co 2:16 Ro 7:18 2Co 12:9 Mt 9:2,22 Ps 63:5,6





--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: