Monday, January 25, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

01.25 Evening:

The Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Jesus, . . . lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father.―Holy Father, . . . O righteous Father.―He said, Abba, Father.―Because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.―For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God.

Doubtless thou art our father, . . . thou, O Lord, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father.

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children.

Ro 8:15 Joh 17:1,11,25 Mr 14:36 Ga 4:6 Eph 2:18,19 Isa 63:16 Lu 15:18-20 Eph 5:1



Here it is again with the full verses and references

01.25 Evening:

(Romans 8:15)For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


(John 17:1)These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:--(John 17:11)And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.--(John 17:25)O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.--(Mark 14:36)And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.--(Galatians 4:6)And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.--(Ephesians 2:18,19)For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

(Isaiah 63:16)Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O Lord, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

(Luke 15:18-20)I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

(Ephesians 5:1)Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Ro 8:15 Joh 17:1,11,25 Mr 14:36 Ga 4:6 Eph 2:18,19 Isa 63:16 Lu 15:18-20 Eph 5:1


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: