The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in Righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.
The Word for the day--
I John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
01.01 Morning:
Father, I will that they . . . whom thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me.―I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.―He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the Day of Jesus Christ.
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.―Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus.
Php 3:13,14 Joh 17:24 2Ti 1:12 Php 1:6 1Co 9:24,25 He 12:1,2
Here it is again with the full verses and references
01.01 Morning:
(I Corinthians 9:24,25)Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.--(Hebrews 12:1,2)Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment