Friday, January 8, 2010

The LORD is gracious


The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Word for the month--
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in Righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.


The Word for the day--
Isaiah 59:20-21 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. As for Me, this is My Covenant with them, saith the Lord; My Spirit that is upon Thee, and My Words which I have put in Thy mouth, shall not depart out of Thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of Thy seed, nor out of the mouth of Thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.


Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

 
". . . this is My Covenant with them, saith the Lord"

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:

Jeremiah 32:40-41 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from Me. Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with My whole heart and with My whole soul.

Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to Whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Again, the Word for the day--Isaiah 59:20-21 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. As for Me, this is My Covenant with them, saith the Lord; My Spirit that is upon Thee, and My Words which I have put in Thy mouth, shall not depart out of Thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of Thy seed, nor out of the mouth of Thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.




Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


01.08 Morning:

They that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.


The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.―I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. . . .For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.―The Lord will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the Lord to make you his people.―Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us.

Be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Ps 9:10 Pr 18:10 Isa 12:2 Ps 37:25 37:28 1Sa 12:22 2Co 1:10 Heb 13:5,6



Here it is again with the full verses and references

01.08 Morning:

(Psalm 9:10)And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.


(Proverbs 18:10)The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.--(Isaiah 12:2)Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

(Psalm 37:25)I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. . . .(Psalm 37:28)For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.--(I Samuel 12:22)For the Lord will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the Lord to make you his people.--(II Corinthians 1:10)Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

(Hebrews 13:5,6)Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Ps 9:10 Pr 18:10 Isa 12:2 Ps 37:25 37:28 1Sa 12:22 2Co 1:10 Heb 13:5,6




Psalm 104:34 My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.


Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

II Timothy 2:1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: