Saturday, February 6, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


02.06 Evening:
I am . . . the bright and morning Star.


There shall come a Star out of Jacob.

The night is far spent, the Day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of Light.--Until the Day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my Beloved, and be Thou like a roe or a young hart upon the Mountains of Bether.

Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.

I am the Light of the world--I will give him the morning Star.

Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of man is as a Man taking a far journey, Who left His house, and gave authority to His servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore . . .Lest coming suddenly He find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Re 22:16 Nu 24:17 Ro 13:12 So 2:17 Isa 21:11,12 Joh 8:12 Re 2:28 Mr 13:33-37



Here it is again with the entire verses and references

02.06 Evening:

(Revelation 22:16)I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning Star.


(Numbers 24:17)I shall see Him, but not now: I shall behold Him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

(Romans 13:12)The night is far spent, the Day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of Light.--(Song of Solomon 2:17)Until the Day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my Beloved, and be Thou like a roe or a young hart upon the Mountains of Bether.

(Isaiah 21:11,12)The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.

(John 8:12)Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life.--(Revelation 2:28)And I will give him the morning Star.

(Mark 13:33-37)Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of man is as a Man taking a far journey, Who left His house, and gave authority to His servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the Master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: lest coming suddenly He find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Re 22:16 Nu 24:17 Ro 13:12 So 2:17 Isa 21:11,12 Joh 8:12 Re 2:28 Mr 13:33-37




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: