Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

02.09 Evening:

The night cometh, when no man can work.


Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.―There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest.―Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.―The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Joh 9:4 Re 14:13 Job 3:17 1Sa 28:15 Ec 9:10 Ps 115:17 2Ti 4:6-8 Heb 4:9,10




Here it is again with the full verses and references

02.09 Evening:

(John 9:4)I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.


(Revelation 14:13)And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.--(Job 3:17)There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest.--(I Samuel 28:15)And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

(Ecclesiastes 9:10)Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.--(Psalm 115:17)The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.

(II Timothy 4:6-8)For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

(Hebrews 4:9,10)There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Joh 9:4 Re 14:13 Job 3:17 1Sa 28:15 Ec 9:10 Ps 115:17 2Ti 4:6-8 Heb 4:9,10
 
 





--
Romans 5:1,2: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: