Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The LORD is gracious




The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:1,2 I will love Thee, O Lord, my Strength. The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in Whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my salvation, and my high Tower.


The Word for the day--
II Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.



Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--


"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, "

I John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.

II John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after His commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.


Ephesians 5:1,2 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.


Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 8:38,39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



"and into the patient waiting for Christ"

Hebrews 10:35-39 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and He that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by Faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.


Again, the Word for the day
--II Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

02.02 Morning:

Oh . . .that Thou wouldest keep me from evil.


Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.--
The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Two things have I required of Thee; deny me them not before I die: remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: lest I be full, and deny Thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the Name of my God in vain.

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul.--I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible.--He that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Because thou hast kept the Word of My Patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.--The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations.

1Ch 4:10 Lu 22:46 Mt 26:41 Pr 30:7-9 Ps 121:7 Jer 15:21 1Jo 5:18 Re 3:10 2Pe 2:9



Here it is again with the entire verses and references

02.02 Morning:

(I Chronicles 4:10)And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.


(Luke 22:46)And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.--(Matthew 26:41)Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

(Proverbs 30:7-9)Two things have I required of Thee; deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: lest I be full, and deny Thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the Name of my God in vain.

(Psalm 121:7)The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul.--(Jeremiah 15:21)And I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible.--(I John 5:18)We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

(Revelation 3:10)Because thou hast kept the Word of My Patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.--(II Peter 2:9)The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the Day of judgment to be punished:

1Ch 4:10 Lu 22:46 Mt 26:41 Pr 30:7-9 Ps 121:7 Jer 15:21 1Jo 5:18 Re 3:10 2Pe 2:9




Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"


Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: