The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:1,2 I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my strength, in Whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my salvation, and my high Tower.
The Word for the day--
Psalm 62:7,8 In God is my salvation and my glory: the Rock of my Strength, and my Refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us. Selah.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"my Refuge, is in God . . . God is a Refuge for us. Selah."
Hebrews 6:13-20 For when God made promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no greater, He sware by Himself, saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a Strong Consolation, who have fled for Refuge to lay hold upon the Hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an High Priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Again, the Word for the day--Psalm 62:7,8 In God is my salvation and my glory: the Rock of my Strength, and my Refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us. Selah.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
02.21 Morning:
I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.--And ye shall be holy unto Me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be Mine.
Sanctified by God the Father.--Sanctify them through Thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth.--The very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus . . . that He might sanctify the people with His Own blood, suffered without the gate.--Our Saviour Jesus Christ . . . gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.--Both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of One: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren,--For their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified through the Truth.--Through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
02.21 Morning:
(Leviticus 20:24)But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.--(Leviticus 20:26)And ye shall be holy unto Me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be Mine.
(Jude 1:1)Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:--(John 17:17)Sanctify them through Thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth.--(I Thessalonians 5:23)And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Hebrews 13:12)Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His Own blood, suffered without the gate.--(Titus 2:13,14)Looking for that blessed Hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.--(Hebrews 2:11)For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of One: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren,--(John 17:19)And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified through The Truth.--(I Peter 1:2)Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment