Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The LORD is gracious




The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:1,2 I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my strength, in Whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my salvation, and my high Tower.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 33:20 Our soul waiteth for the Lord: He is our help and our shield.



Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"Our soul waiteth for the Lord: He is our help and our shield."

I Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Hebrews 10:36-39 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and He that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by Faith: but if any man draw back, My Soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Psalm 115:11 Ye that fear the Lord, trust in the Lord: He is their help and their shield.

Psalm 3:3 But Thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.


Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.


Hebrews 13:5,6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Again, the Word for the day
--Psalm 33:20 Our soul waiteth for the Lord: He is our help and our shield.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

02.24 Morning:

Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of.


Yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.--This is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.--If any of you lack Wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.--I am the Lord thy God, Which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.--Men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.--The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.--Ye shall ask in My Name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me.--Ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Eze 36:37 Jas 4:2 Mt 7:7,8 1Jo 5:14,15 Jas 1:5 Ps 81:10 Lu 18:1 Ps 34:15,17 Joh 16:26,27,24



Here it is again with the full verses and references

02.24 Morning:

(Ezekiel 36:37)Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.


(James 4:2)Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

(Matthew 7:7,8)Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.--(I John 5:14,15)And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.--(James 1:5)If any of you lack Wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.--(Psalm 81:10)I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.--(Luke 18:1)And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

(Psalm 34:15)The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.--(Psalm 34:17)The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.--(John 16:26,27)At that day ye shall ask in My Name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: for the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God.--(John 16:24)Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Eze 36:37 Jas 4:2 Mt 7:7,8 1Jo 5:14,15 Jas 1:5 Ps 81:10 Lu 18:1 Ps 34:15,17 Joh 16:26,27,24



Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"




Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Concerning the Word for the day, regarding waiting for the Lord....
I Thess 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Ps 39:7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
Ps 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Ps 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Is 25:9 ¶And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Is 26:8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
Lam 3:25-26 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Mic 7:6-7 For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house. Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
II Thess 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Now for me to do it, eh?