Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


03.03 Evening:

T
he Prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Thou shalt have Treasure in Heaven: . . . come and follow Me.--I am . . . thy exceeding great Reward.

Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.--They shall reign for ever and ever.

Ye shall receive a crown of Glory that fadeth not away.--The crown of Life.-- A crown of Righteousness.--An incorruptible [crown].

Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My Glory, which Thou hast given Me.--So shall we ever be with the Lord.

I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Php 3:14 Mt 19:21 Ge 15:1 Mt 25:21 Re 22:5 1Pe 5:4 Jas 1:12 2Ti 4:8 1Co 9:25 Joh 17:24 1Th 4:17 Ro 8:18



Here it is again with the full verses and references

03.03 Evening:


(Philippians 3:14)I press toward the Mark for the Prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


(Matthew 19:21)Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have Treasure in Heaven: and come and follow Me.--(Genesis 15:1)After these things the Word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy Shield, and thy exceeding great Reward.

(Matthew 25:21)His Lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.--(Revelation 22:5)And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them Light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

(I Peter 5:4)And when the Chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of Glory that fadeth not away.--(James 1:12)Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of Life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.--(II Timothy 4:8)Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of Righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, shall give me at that Day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.--(I Corinthians 9:25)And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

(John 17:24)Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My Glory, which Thou hast given Me: for Thou lovedst Me before the foundation of the world.--(I Thessalonians 4:17)Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(Romans 8:18)For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the Glory which shall be revealed in us.

Php 3:14 Mt 19:21 Ge 15:1 Mt 25:21 Re 22:5 1Pe 5:4 Jas 1:12 2Ti 4:8 1Co 9:25 Joh 17:24 1Th 4:17 Ro 8:18




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: