Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
03.13 Evening:
O my God, my soul is cast down within me.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee.--For He hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the Afflicted; neither hath He hid His Face from Him; but when He cried unto Him, He heard.--Is any among you afflicted? let him pray.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.--Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the Life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?--Be not faithless, but believing.--Lo, I am with you alway.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
03.13 Evening:
(Psalm 42:6)O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember Thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
(Isaiah 26:3,4)Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:
(Psalm 55:22)Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the Righteous to be moved.--(Psalm 22:24)For He hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the Afflicted; neither hath He hid His Face from Him; but when He cried unto Him, He heard.--(James 5:13)Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
(John 14:27)Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.--(Matthew 6:25,26)Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the Life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?--(John 20:27)Then saith He to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold My hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side: and be not faithless, but believing.--(Matthew 28:20)Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment