Sunday, March 14, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


03.14 Evening:


The Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are Life.


Of His Own will begat He us with the Word of Truth.--The letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth Life.

Christ . . . loved the church, and gave Himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing.

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to Thy Word. . . .Thy Word hath quickened Me.--Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee. . . .I will not forget Thy Word. . . .I trust in Thy Word. . . .The law of Thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver. . . .I will never forget Thy precepts: for with them Thou hast quickened me. . . .How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Joh 6:63 Jas 1:18 2Co 3:6 Eph 5:25-27 Ps 119:9,50,11,16,42,72,93,103,104



Here it is again with the full verses and references

03.14 Evening:

(John 6:63)It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are Life.


(James 1:18)Of His Own will begat He us with the Word of Truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.--(II Corinthians 3:6)Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth Life.

(Ephesians 5:25-27)Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

(Psalm 119:9)Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to Thy Word. . . .(Psalm 119:50)This is my comfort in my affliction: for Thy Word hath quickened me.--(Psalm 119:11)Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee. . . .(Psalm 119:16)I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget Thy Word. . . .(Psalm 119:42)So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in Thy Word. . . .(Psalm 119:72)The law of Thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver. . . .(Psalm 119:93)I will never forget Thy precepts: for with them Thou hast quickened me. . . .(Psalm 119:103,104)How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Joh 6:63 Jas 1:18 2Co 3:6 Eph 5:25-27 Ps 119:9,50,11,16,42,72,93,103,104




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: