Monday, March 22, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


03.22 Evening:

if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the Lord said.


He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.--I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of Thy Righteousness, even of Thine only.

The work of Righteousness shall be Peace; and the effect of Righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Stand . . . having your loins girt about with Truth, and having on the breastplate of Righteousness;--For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.-- The Lord is with thee, . . . Go in this thy Might.

Jos 14:12 Heb 13:5,6 Ps 71:16 Isa 32:17 Eph 6:14,12,13 Jud 6:12,14



Here it is again with the full verses and references

03.22 Evening:

(Joshua 14:12)Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the Lord said.


(Hebrews 13:5,6)Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.--(Psalm 71:16)I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of Thy Righteousness, even of Thine only.

(Isaiah 32:17)And the work of Righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of Righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

(Ephesians 6:14)Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with Truth, and having on the breastplate of Righteousness;--(Ephesians 6:12,13)For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.--(Judges 6:12)And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him, and said unto him, The Lord is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. . . .(Judges 6:14)And the Lord looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy Might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

Jos 14:12 Heb 13:5,6 Ps 71:16 Isa 32:17 Eph 6:14,12,13 Jud 6:12,14


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: