Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
03.30 Evening:
Every good Gift and every perfect Gift is from Above, and cometh down from the Father of Lights, with Whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.--But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Thou shalt not be forgotten of Me. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.
Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus. When he had heard therefore that he was sick, He abode two days still in the same place where he was.--A woman . . . cried unto Him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, Thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But He answered her not a word.
The trial of your Faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
03.30 Evening:
(James 1:17)Every good Gift and every perfect Gift is from Above, and cometh down from the Father of Lights, with Whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.--(Isaiah 49:14,15)But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
(Isaiah 44:21,22)Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art My servant: I have formed thee; thou art My servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of Me. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.
(John 11:5,6)Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus. When He had heard therefore that he was sick, He abode two days still in the same place where He was.--(Matthew 15:22,23)And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto Him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, Thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and besought Him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
(I Peter 1:7)That the trial of your Faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment