The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:3 I will call upon the Lord, Who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
The Word for the day--
Jeremiah 20:13 Sing unto the Lord, praise ye the Lord: for He hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"Sing unto the Lord, praise ye the Lord: for He hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers."
II Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich.
Psalm 86:12-16 I will praise Thee, O Lord My God, with all My heart: and I will glorify Thy Name for evermore. For great is Thy mercy toward Me: and Thou hast delivered My soul from the lowest hell. O God, the proud are risen against Me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after My soul; and have not set Thee before them. But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto Me, and have mercy upon Me; give Thy strength unto Thy Servant, and save the Son of Thine handmaid [Luke 1:30-38].
Isaiah 53:10-12 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He hath put Him to grief: when Thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand. He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied: by His knowledge shall My Righteous Servant justify many; for He shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong; because He hath poured out His soul unto death: and He was numbered with the transgressors; and He bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Psalm 35:27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour My Righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of His Servant.
Again, the Word for the day--Jeremiah 20:13 Sing unto the Lord, praise ye the Lord: for He hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
03.08 Morning:
Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid My Face from thee for a moment; but with Everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.--I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.--The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
03.08 Morning:
(Micah 7:18,19)Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
(Isaiah 54:7,8)For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid My Face from thee for a moment; but with Everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.--(Jeremiah 31:34)And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
(Psalm 32:1,2)Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.--(I John 1:7)But if we walk in the Light, as He is in the Light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment