Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.06 Evening:
This is His Name whereby He shall be called, THE Lord OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.--I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of Thy Righteousness, even of Thine only.
His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor.--O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
The mighty God, The everlasting Father.--I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.
The Prince of Peace.--He is our peace --Being justified by Faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
The Name of the Lord is a Strong Tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.--Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help.--As birds flying, so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.06 Evening:
(Jeremiah 23:6)In His days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is His Name whereby He shall be called, THE Lord OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.--(Psalm 71:16)I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of Thy Righteousness, even of Thine only.
(Isaiah 9:6)For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.--(Jeremiah 10:23)O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
(Isaiah 9:6)For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.--(II Timothy 1:12)For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.
(Isaiah 9:6)For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.--(Ephesians 2:14)For He is our peace, Who hath made both One, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; --(Romans 5:1)Therefore being justified by Faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(Proverbs 18:10)The Name of the Lord is a Strong Tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.--(Isaiah 31:1)Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the Lord!--(Isaiah 31:5)As birds flying, so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment