Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.08 Evening:
I beseech Thee, shew me Thy glory. . . . And He said, Thou canst not see My Face: for there shall no man see Me, and live.--No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.
Every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him.--I shall see Him, but not now: I shall behold Him, but not nigh.
I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:--I will behold Thy Face in Righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.--We shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.--The Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven . . . the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.08 Evening:
(Exodus 33:18)And he [Moses] said, I beseech Thee, shew me Thy glory. . . . (Exodus 33:20)And He said, Thou canst not see My Face: for there shall no man see Me, and live.--(John 1:18)No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.
(Revelation 1:7)Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.--(Numbers 24:17)I shall see Him, but not now: I shall behold Him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
(Job 19:25,26)For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:--(Psalm 17:15)As for me, I will behold Thy Face in Righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.--(I John 3:2)Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.--(I Thessalonians 4:16,17)For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the Voice of the Archangel, and with the Trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment