Sunday, April 11, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


04.11 Evening:

Teach me Thy Way, O Lord.


I will instruct thee and teach thee in the Way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.--Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the Way. The meek will He guide in judgment: and the meek will He teach His Way.

I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.--Having . . . boldness to enter into the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and Living Way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the Veil, that is to say, His flesh; and having an High Priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of Faith.

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord.--All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.

Ps 27:11 32:8 25:8,9 Joh 10:9 14:6 Heb 10:19-22 Ho 6:3 Ps 25:10



Here it is again with the full verses and references

04.11 Evening:

(Psalm 27:11)Teach me thy Way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.


(Psalm 32:8)I will instruct thee and teach thee in the Way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.--(Psalm 25:8,9)Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will He teach sinners in the Way. The meek will He guide in judgment: and the meek will He teach His Way.

(John 10:9)I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

(John 14:6)Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.--(Hebrews 10:19-22)Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and Living Way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the Veil, that is to say, His flesh; and having an High Priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of Faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

(Hosea 6:3)Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: His going forth is prepared as the morning; and He shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.--(Psalm 25:10)All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.

Ps 27:11 32:8 25:8,9 Joh 10:9 14:6 Heb 10:19-22 Ho 6:3 Ps 25:10




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: