Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.19 Evening:
Necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!--What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.--They called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the Name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said unto them, . . . we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.--The love of Christ constraineth us.
I was afraid, and went and hid Thy talent in the earth . . . Thou wicked and slothful servant, . . . thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Go . . . to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.19 Evening:
(I Corinthians 9:16)For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!--(I Corinthians 9:18)What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.--(Acts 4:18-20)And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the Name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.--(II Corinthians 5:14)For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if One died for all, then were all dead:
(Matthew 25:25-27)And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
(Mark 5:19)Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment