Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


04.28 Evening:

I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more.


Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect.―Leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God.―The path of the just is as the shining Light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect Day.

I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.―I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Praise waiteth for Thee, O God, in Sion.―They rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty.―Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me.―Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.―Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Ps 71:14 Php 3:12 Heb 6:1 Pr 4:18 Ps 116:1,2 34:1 65:1 Re 4:8 Ps 50:23 1Th 5:16-18 Php 4:4


Here it is again with the full verses and references

04.28 Evening:

(Psalm 71:14)But I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more.


(Philippians 3:12)Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.--(Hebrews 6:1)Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,--(Proverbs 4:18)But the path of the just is as the shining Light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect Day.

(Psalm 116:1,2)I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.--(Psalm 34:1) I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

(Psalm 65:1)Praise waiteth for Thee, O God, in Sion: and unto Thee shall the vow be performed.--(Revelation 4:8)And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.--(Psalm 50:23)Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.--(I Thessalonians 5:16-18)Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.--(Philippians 4:4)Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Ps 71:14 Php 3:12 Heb 6:1 Pr 4:18 Ps 116:1,2 34:1 65:1 Re 4:8 Ps 50:23 1Th 5:16-18 Php 4:4




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: