Friday, April 16, 2010
Hebrews 12:1-4
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses,"
Heb 11:1-39 By faith Enoch . . By faith Noah . . .By faith Abraham . . .Through faith also Sara . . . By faith Isaac . . . By faith Jacob . . . By faith Joseph . . .By faith Moses . . .
Hebrews 11:32-40 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: and others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
"let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us,"
Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off ["let us lay aside" Heb 12:1] the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of Light.
"let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"
I Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight ["race" Heb 12:1] of Faith, lay hold on Eternal Life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Philippians 1:29,30 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake; having the same conflict ["race" Heb 12:1] which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.
Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the Word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
"looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith;"
Hebrews 11:27 By Faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for He endured, as seeing ["looking" is from this Greek word] Him Who is invisible.
Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince ["Author" Heb 12:2] of Life, Whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince ["Author" Heb 12:2] and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Hebrews 2:10 For it became Him, for Whom are all things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the Captain ["Author" Heb 12:2] of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
John 17:4 I have glorified Thee on the earth: I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.
John 17:23 I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect ["Finisher" is from this Greek word] in One; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.
Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Philippians 3:7-11 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the Knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for Whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the Faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by Faith: that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the flesh I live by the Faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.
"Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God"
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith; Who for the joy {G5479} that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.....Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew Me the path of Life: in Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.....John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved Me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for My Father is greater than I......John 17:13 And now come I to Thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have My joy {G5479} fulfilled in themselves.......John 14:2,3 In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also....John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
Zephaniah 3:14-20 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. The Lord hath taken away thy judgments, He hath cast out thine enemy: the King of Israel, even the Lord, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack. The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is Mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over Thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing. I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of Thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden. Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame. At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the Lord.
Psalm 69:7-9 Because for Thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered My face. I am become a stranger unto My brethren, and an alien unto My mother's children. For the zeal of Thine house hath eaten Me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached Thee are fallen upon Me. . . . Psalm 69:19-21 Thou hast known My reproach, and My shame [compare "shame and nakedness" Rev 3:18;16:15; Isa 47:3], and my dishonour: Mine adversaries are all before Thee. Reproach hath broken My heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. They gave Me also gall for My meat; and in My thirst they gave Me vinegar to drink.
Psalm 89:44,45 Thou hast made His glory to cease, and cast His throne down to the ground. The days of His youth hast Thou shortened: Thou hast covered Him with shame. Selah.
Philippians 2:5-11 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a Servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a Man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a Name which is above every name: that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in Heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Hebrews 1:2,3 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He hath appointed Heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds; Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express Image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on High;
"For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself,"
Luke 2:34,35 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a Sign which shall be spoken against ["contradiction" is a derivative of this word in the Greek]; (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
John 10:32,33 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from My Father; for which of those works do ye stone Me? The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we stone Thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that Thou, being a Man, makest Thyself God.
Mark 3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth He out devils.
Matthew 10:22-25 And ye shall be hated of all men for My Name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. The disciple is not above his Master, nor the servant above his Lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his Master, and the servant as his Lord. If they have called the Master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of His household?
"lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds."
Galatians 6:8-10 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap Life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of Faith.
Hebrews 12:5-7 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him: for whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the Father chasteneth not?
"Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."
Luke 22:39-44 And He [the Lord Jesus Christ] came out, and went, as He was wont, to the mount of Olives; and His disciples also followed Him. And when He was at the place, He said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me: nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto Him from Heaven, strengthening Him. And being in an agony He prayed more earnestly: and His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
I Peter 4:1-5 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same Mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: who shall give account to Him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
AGAIN
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment