The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His Way is perfect: the Word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.
The Word for the day--
Jeremiah 15:16 Thy Words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy Name, O Lord God of hosts.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"Thy Words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy Name, O Lord God of hosts."
"Thy Word"
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
"Thy Words were found, and I did eat them"
John 6:63 It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are Life.
Again, the Word for the day-Jeremiah 15:16 Thy Words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy Name, O Lord God of hosts.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.05 Morning:
Let him take hold of My Strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me.
O woman, great is thy Faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt--According to your Faith be it unto you.--Let him ask in Faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
They drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and He [the Lord Jesus Christ] made as though He would have gone further. But they constrained Him, saying, Abide with us. . . . He vanished out of their sight. And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the Way, and while He opened to us the Scriptures?--I pray Thee, if I have found grace in Thy sight, shew me now Thy Way, that I may know Thee, that I may find grace in Thy sight--My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.05 Morning:
(Isaiah 27:5)Or let him take hold of My Strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me.
(Matthew 15:28)Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy Faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.--(Matthew 9:29)Then touched He their eyes, saying, According to your Faith be it unto you.--(James 1:6,7)But let him ask in Faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
(Luke 24:28,29)And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and He made as though He would have gone further. But they constrained Him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And He went in to tarry with them. . . . (Luke 24:31,32)And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him; and He vanished out of their sight. And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the Way, and while He opened to us the Scriptures?--(Exodus 33:13,14)Now therefore, I pray Thee, if I have found grace in Thy sight, shew me now Thy Way, that I may know Thee, that I may find grace in Thy sight: and consider that this nation is Thy people. And He said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment