The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His Way is perfect: the Word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.
The Word for the day--
Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"The Lord is good, a strong hold"
Psalm 86:5 For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.
Psalm 118:1 O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: because His mercy endureth for ever.
Hebrews 6:16-20 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for Refuge to lay hold upon the Hope set before us: which hope we have as an Anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; whither the Forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an High Priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec ["King of Righteousness" cp.Heb 7:2].
"the day of trouble;"
Psalm 50:14,15 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me.
Ezekiel 7:5-12 Thus saith the Lord God; An evil, an only evil, behold, is come. An end is come, the end is come: it watcheth for thee; behold, it is come. The morning is come unto thee, O thou that dwellest in the land: the time is come, the day of trouble is near, and not the sounding again of the mountains. Now will I shortly pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger upon thee: and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations. And Mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will recompense thee according to thy ways and thine abominations that are in the midst of thee; and ye shall know that I am the Lord that smiteth. Behold the day, behold, it is come: the morning is gone forth; the rod hath blossomed, pride hath budded. Violence is risen up into a rod of wickedness: none of them shall remain, nor of their multitude, nor of any of theirs: neither shall there be wailing for them. The time is come, the day draweth near: let not the buyer rejoice, nor the seller mourn: for wrath is upon all the multitude thereof.
I Thessalonians 5:8,9 But let us, who are of the Day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
"and He knoweth them that trust in Him."
John 10:27,28 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: and I give unto them Eternal Life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.
II Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the Foundation of God [cp.1Cor 3:11] standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the Name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Ephesians 1:13,14 In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.
Again, the Word for the day--Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.23 Morning:
Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the Lord our God is the salvation of Israel.--The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in Whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my salvation, and my High Tower.--Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
The Angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.--The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.--The Eternal God is thy Refuge, and underneath are the Everlasting Arms.--So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.--For who is God save the Lord? or who is a Rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
But by the grace of God I am what I am.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.23 Morning:
(Jeremiah 3:23)Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the Lord our God is the salvation of Israel.--(Psalm 18:2)The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in Whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my salvation, and my High Tower.--(Isaiah 12:6)Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
(Psalm 34:7)The Angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.--(Psalm 34:17)The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.--(Deuteronomy 33:27)The Eternal God is thy Refuge, and underneath are the Everlasting Arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.--(Hebrews 13:6)So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.--(Psalm 18:31,32)For who is God save the Lord? or who is a Rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
(I Corinthians 15:10)But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment