The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His Way is perfect: the Word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.
The Word for the day--
Psalm 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in Thee: yea, in the shadow of Thy wings will I make my Refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast."
Exodus 25:20-22 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be. And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the Testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the Testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.
Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a Great High Priest, that is passed into the Heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Psalm 123:1-4 A Song of degrees.
Unto Thee lift I up mine eyes, O Thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that He have mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.
Psalm 143:8-10 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flee unto Thee to hide me. Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of Thy wings,
Psalm 86:1-4Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O Thou my God, save Thy servant that trusteth in Thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto Thee daily. Rejoice the soul of Thy servant: for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
Hebrews 10:38,39 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, My soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
Psalm 72:13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
Again, the Word for the day--Psalm 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in Thee: yea, in the shadow of Thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.24 Morning:
Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us.--David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.--God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which He sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.--I have seen, I have seen the affliction of My people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. . . . He brought them out, after that He had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.--There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.He is faithful that promised.--Hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?--Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.--The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.24 Morning:
(Psalm 62:8)Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us. Selah.--(I Samuel 30:6)And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.--(Genesis 50:24)And Joseph said unto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which He sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.--(Acts 7:34)I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt. . . . (Acts 7:36)He brought them out, after that He had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.--(Joshua 21:45)There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
(Hebrews 10:23)Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)--(Numbers 23:19)God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?--(Matthew 24:35)Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.--(Isaiah 40:8)The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment