Friday, May 14, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


05.14 Evening:

They overcame . . . by the blood of the Lamb.


Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died.―It is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.―I am the Lord. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you.

There is . . . now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.

What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? . . . These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His Own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Re 12:11 Ro 8:33,34 Le 17:11 Ex 12:12,13 Ro 8:1 Re 7:13,14 1:5,6


Here it is again with the full verses and references

05.14 Evening:

(Revelation 12:11)And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the Word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.


(Romans 8:33,34)Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, Who is even at the right hand of God, Who also maketh intercession for us.--(Leviticus 17:11)For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.--(Exodus 12:12,13)For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

(Romans 8:1)There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

(Revelation 7:13,14)And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

(Revelation 1:5,6)And from Jesus Christ, Who is the Faithful Witness, and the First Begotten of the dead, and the Prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His Own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Re 12:11 Ro 8:33,34 Le 17:11 Ex 12:12,13 Ro 8:1 Re 7:13,14 1:5,6




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: