Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
05.18 Evening:
Gideon said unto them, I would desire a request of you, that ye would give me every man the earrings of his prey. (For they had golden earrings, because they were Ishmaelites.) And they answered, We will willingly give them. And they spread a garment, and did cast therein every man the earrings of his prey. . . . And Gideon made an ephod thereof, and put it in his city, even in Ophrah: and all Israel went thither a whoring after it: which thing became a snare unto Gideon, and to his house.
Seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not.―Lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.―Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me.
Ga 5:26 Jdg 8:24,25,27 Jer 45:5 2Co 12:7 Php 2:3 1Co 13:4,5 Mt 11:29
Here it is again with the full verses and references
05.18 Evening:
(Judges 8:24,25)And Gideon said unto them, I would desire a request of you, that ye would give me every man the earrings of his prey. (For they had golden earrings, because they were Ishmaelites.) And they answered, We will willingly give them. And they spread a garment, and did cast therein every man the earrings of his prey. . . (Judges 8:27)And Gideon made an ephod thereof, and put it in his city, even in Ophrah: and all Israel went thither a whoring after it: which thing became a snare unto Gideon, and to his house.
(Jeremiah 45:5)And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the Lord: but thy Life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest.--(II Corinthians 12:7)And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
(Philippians 2:3)Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.--(I Corinthians 13:4,5)Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
(Matthew 11:29)Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment