Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


05.26 Evening:

The City had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the Light thereof.


I saw in the way a Light from Heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. . . . And I said, Who art Thou, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus Whom thou persecutest.―Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, and was transfigured before them: and His Face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the Light.―The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an Everlasting Light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine Everlasting Light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

The God of all grace, . . . hath called us unto His Eternal Glory by Christ Jesus.

Re 21:23 Ac 26:13,15 Mt 17:1,2 Isa 60:19,20 1Pe 5:10


Here it is again with the full verses and references

05.26 Evening:

(Revelation 21:23)And the City had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.


(Acts 26:13)At midday, O king, I saw in the way a Light from Heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. . . .(Acts 26:15)And I said, Who art Thou, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus Whom thou persecutest.--(Matthew 17:1,2)And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, and was transfigured before them: and His Face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the Light.

(Isaiah 60:19,20)The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an Everlasting Light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine Everlasting Light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

(I Peter 5:10)But the God of all grace, Who hath called us unto His Eternal Glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Re 21:23 Ac 26:13,15 Mt 17:1,2 Isa 60:19,20 1Pe 5:10




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: