Sunday, May 30, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


05.30 Evening:

Thou hearest Me always.


Jesus lifted up His eyes, and said, Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me.―Father, glorify Thy Name. Then came there a Voice from Heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.―Lo, I come . . . to do Thy will, O God.―Not My will, but Thine, be done.

As He is, so are we in this world.―This is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us.

Whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

Without Faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

He ever liveth to make intercession for them.―We have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous.

Joh 11:42 11:41 12:28 Heb 10:7 Lu 22:42 1Jo 4:17 5:14 3:22 Heb 11:6 7:25 1Jo 2:1


Here it is again with the full verses and references

05.30 Evening:

(John 11:42)And I knew that Thou hearest Me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that Thou hast sent Me.


(John 11:41)Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up His eyes, and said, Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me.--(John 12:28)Father, glorify Thy Name. Then came there a Voice from Heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.--(Hebrews 10:7)Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the Book it is written of Me,) to do Thy will, O God.--(Luke 22:42)Saying, Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me: nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done.

(I John 4:17)Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.--(I John 5:14)And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:

(I John 3:22)And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

(Hebrews 11:6)But without Faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

(Hebrews 7:25)Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.--(I John 2:1)My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous:

Joh 11:42 11:41 12:28 Heb 10:7 Lu 22:42 1Jo 4:17 5:14 3:22 Heb 11:6 7:25 1Jo 2:1



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: