The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 107:8,9 Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
The Word for the day--
II Thessalonians 1:11,12 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of Faith with power: that the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Here is some immediate context--
II Thessalonians 1:1-12 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your Faith groweth exceedingly, and the Charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth; so that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the Kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from Heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power; when He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that Day. Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of Faith with power: that the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Again, the Word for the day--II Thessalonians 1:11,12 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of Faith with power: that the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
05.08 Morning:
Now is My soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Thy Name. Then came there a Voice from Heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.―Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me: nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto Him from Heaven, strengthening Him.
Being found in fashion as a Man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.―Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My Life, that I might take it again.―For I came down from Heaven, not to do Mine Own will, but the will of Him that sent Me.―The cup which My Father hath given Me, shall I not drink it?
The Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.―My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.―Mine Elect, in Whom My soul delighteth.
Is 53:10 Joh 12:27,28 Lu 22:42,43 Php 2:8 Joh 10:17 6:38 18:11 8:29 Mt 3:17 Isa 42:1
Here it is again with the full verses and references
05.08 Morning:
(John 12:27,28)Now is My soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Thy Name. Then came there a Voice from Heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.--(Luke 22:42,43)Saying, Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me: nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto Him from Heaven, strengthening Him.
(Philippians 2:8)And being found in fashion as a Man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.--(John 10:17)Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My Life, that I might take it again.--(John 6:38)For I came down from Heaven, not to do Mine Own will, but the will of Him that sent Me.--(John 18:11)Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which My Father hath given Me, shall I not drink it?
(John 8:29)And He that sent Me is with Me: the Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.--(Matthew 3:17)And lo a Voice from Heaven, saying, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.--(Isaiah 42:1)Behold My Servant, Whom I uphold; Mine Elect, in Whom My soul delighteth; I have put My Spirit upon Him: He shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment