Friday, May 21, 2010

The Lord is gracious




The Lord is gracious,

and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 107:8,9 Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 119:88 Quicken me after Thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of Thy mouth.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

05.21 Morning:

My brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.


My grace is sufficient for Thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.―I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of Thy Righteousness, even of Thine only.―The gospel of Christ: . . . is the power of God unto salvation.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.―I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.―We have this Treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The joy of the Lord is your strength.―Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness.

Eph 6:10 2Co 12:9,10 Ps 71:16 Ro 1:16 Php 4:13 Col 1:29 2Co 4:7 Ne 8:10 Col 1:11


Here it is again with the full verses and references

05.21 Morning:

(Ephesians 6:10)Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.


(II Corinthians 12:9,10)And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.--(Psalm 71:16)I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of Thy Righteousness, even of Thine only.--(Romans 1:16)For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

(Philippians 4:13)I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.--(Colossians 1:29)Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.--(II Corinthians 4:7)But we have this Treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

(Nehemiah 8:10)Then He said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.--(Colossians 1:11)Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Eph 6:10 2Co 12:9,10 Ps 71:16 Ro 1:16 Php 4:13 Col 1:29 2Co 4:7 Ne 8:10 Col 1:11



Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"




Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: