Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


06.16 Evening:

Hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.


If I may but touch His garment, I shall be whole.―Lord, if Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean. . . . I will; be thou clean.―Faith as a grain of mustard seed.

Cast not away . . . your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.―Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

First the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.―Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord.―The Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.―So run, that ye may obtain.

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of Righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, shall give me at that Day.

Re 3:11 Mt 9:21 Mt 8:2,3 17:20 Heb 10:35 Php 2:12,13 Mr 4:28 Ho 6:3 Mt 11:12 1Co 9:24 2Ti 4:7,8


Here it is again with the full verses and references

06.16 Evening:

(Revelation 3:11)Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.


(Matthew 9:21)For she said within herself, If I may but touch His garment, I shall be whole.--(Matthew 8:2,3)And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped Him, saying, Lord, if Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth His hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.--(Matthew 17:20)And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

(Hebrews 10:35)Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.--(Philippians 2:12,13)Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

(Mark 4:28)For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.--(Hosea 6:3)Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: His going forth is prepared as the morning; and He shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.--(Matthew 11:12)And from the days of John the Baptist until now the Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.--(I Corinthians 9:24)Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

(II Timothy 4:7,8)I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of Righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, shall give me at that Day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.

Re 3:11 Mt 9:21 Mt 8:2,3 17:20 Heb 10:35 Php 2:12,13 Mr 4:28 Ho 6:3 Mt 11:12 1Co 9:24 2Ti 4:7,8




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: