Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
06.28 Evening:
Take heed therefore how ye hear.―Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom.―Above all, taking the shield of Faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Great peace have they which love Thy Law: and nothing shall offend them.―How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.―I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy Testimonies are my meditation.
Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.―But though we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
1Ti 4:1 Lu 8:18 Col 3:16 Eph 6:16 Ps 119:165,103,104,105,99 2Co 11:14 Ga 1:8
Here it is again with the full verses and references
06.28 Evening:
(Luke 8:18)Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.--(Colossians 3:16)Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.--(Ephesians 6:16)Above all, taking the shield of Faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
(Psalm 119:165)Great peace have they which love Thy Law: and nothing shall offend them.--(Psalm 119:103,104)How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
(Psalm 119:105 )Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.--(Psalm 119:99)I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy Testimonies are my meditation.
(II Corinthians 11:14)And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.--(Galatians 1:8)But though we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment