Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
07.13 Evening:
Therefore shall ye lay up these My words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.―This Book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
The Law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.―By the Word of Thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.―Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.
We have . . . a more sure Word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a Light that shineth in a dark place, until the Day dawn, and the Day Star arise in your hearts.―That we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have Hope.
Isa 34:16 De 11:18 Jos 1:8 Ps 37:31 17:4 119:11 2Pe 1:19 Ro 15:4
Here it is again with the full verses and references
07.13 Evening:
(Deuteronomy 11:18)Therefore shall ye lay up these My words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.--(Joshua 1:8)This Book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
(Psalm 37:31)The Law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.--(Psalm 17:4)Concerning the works of men, by the Word of Thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.--(Psalm 119:11)Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.
(II Peter 1:19)We have also a more sure Word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a Light that shineth in a dark place, until the Day dawn, and the Day Star arise in your hearts:--(Romans 15:4)For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have Hope.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment