Thursday, July 22, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]



07.22 Evening:

Keep yourselves in the love of God.


Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. I am the Vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.

The fruit of the Spirit is love.

Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love. If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.―Whoso keepeth His Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him.

This is My commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.―God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.―God is love; and He that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Jude 1:21 Joh 15:4,5 Ga 5:22 Joh 15:8-10 1Jo 2:5 Joh 15:12 Ro 5:8 1Jo 4:16


Here it is again with the full verses and references

07.22 Evening:

(Jude 1:21)Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto Eternal Life.


(John 15:4,5)Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. I am the Vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.

(Galatians 5:22)But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

(John 15:8-10)Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love. If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.--(I John 2:5)But whoso keepeth His Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him.

(John 15:12)This is My commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.--(Romans 5:8)But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.--(I John 4:16)And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Jude 1:21 Joh 15:4,5 Ga 5:22 Joh 15:8-10 1Jo 2:5 Joh 15:12 Ro 5:8 1Jo 4:16


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: