Sunday, July 4, 2010

The LORD is gracious



The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

07.04 Morning:


Leaning on Jesus' bosom.


As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you.―They brought young children to Him, that He should touch them: and His disciples rebuked those that brought them. . . And He took them up in His arms, put His hands upon them, and blessed them.―Jesus called His disciples unto Him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with Me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.―An High Priest . . . touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.―In His love and in His pity He redeemed them.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.―Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

The Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto Living Fountains of Waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Joh 13:23 Isa 66:13 Mr 10:13,16 Mt 15:32 Heb 4:15 Isa 63:9 Joh 14:18 Isa 49:15 Re 7:17


Here it is again with the full verses and references

07.04 Morning:

(John 13:23)Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.


(Isaiah 66:13)As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.--(Mark 10:13)And they brought young children to Him, that He should touch them: and His disciples rebuked those that brought them. . . .(Mark 10:16)And He took them up in His arms, put His hands upon them, and blessed them.--(Matthew 15:32)Then Jesus called His disciples unto Him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with Me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the Way.--(Hebrews 4:15)For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.--(Isaiah 63:9)In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His presence saved them: in His love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

(John 14:18)I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.--(Isaiah 49:15)Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

(Revelation 7:17)For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto Living Fountains of Waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.


Joh 13:23 Isa 66:13 Mr 10:13,16 Mt 15:32 Heb 4:15 Isa 63:9 Joh 14:18 Isa 49:15 Re 7:17



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.



Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: