Sunday, July 18, 2010

The LORD is gracious


The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.


The Word for the day--
John 10:15,16 As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My Life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear My Voice; and there shall be one fold, and one Shepherd.

Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father . . . My Life"

John 17:3 And this is Life Eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom Thou hast sent.



"one Shepherd"


John 10:14 I am the good Shepherd, and know My sheep, and am known of Mine.

Psalm 23 Psalm of David.
The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of Righteousness for His Name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Again, the Word for the day
--John 10:15,16 As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My Life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear My Voice; and there shall be one fold, and one Shepherd.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

07.18 Morning:


He calleth His Own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.


The Foundation of God standeth sure, having this Seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the Name of Christ depart from iniquity.―Many will say to Me in that Day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils? and in Thy Name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.―The Lord knoweth the Way of the Righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me.―Set me as a seal upon Thine heart, as a seal upon Thine arm.―The Lord is good, a strong hold in the Day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Joh 10:3 2Ti 2:19 Mt 7:22,23 Ps 1:6 Isa 49:16 So 8:6 Na 1:7 Joh 14:2,3


Here it is again with the full verses and references

07.18 Morning:

(John 10:3)To Him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear His Voice: and He calleth His Own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.


(II Timothy 2:19)Nevertheless the Foundation of God standeth sure, having this Seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the Name of Christ depart from iniquity.--(Matthew 7:22,23)Many will say to Me in that Day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils? and in Thy Name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.--(Psalm 1:6)For the Lord knoweth the Way of the Righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

(Isaiah 49:16)Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me.--(Song of Solomon 8:6)Set me as a seal upon Thine heart, as a seal upon Thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.--(Nahum 1:7)The Lord is good, a strong hold in the Day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

(John 14:2,3)In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.


Joh 10:3 2Ti 2:19 Mt 7:22,23 Ps 1:6 Isa 49:16 So 8:6 Na 1:7 Joh 14:2,3



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.


Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Here is another verse for knowing Him...
Jer 22:16 He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know Me? saith the Lord.

That works, right?