Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


08.04 Evening:

He sent from Above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters.


He brought me up . . . out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.―You hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, . . . we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh.

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed.―Out of the belly of hell cried I, and Thou heardest my voice. For Thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.―We went through fire and through water: but Thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee.

Ps 18:16 40:2 Eph 2:1-3 Ps 61:1,2 Jon 2:2,3 Ps 66:12 Isa 43:2


Here it is again with the full verses and references

08.04 Evening:

(Psalm 18:16)He sent from Above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters.


(Psalm 40:2)He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.--(Ephesians 2:1-3)And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

(Psalm 61:1,2)
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.--(Jonah 2:2,3)And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and He heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and Thou heardest my voice. For Thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all Thy billows and Thy waves passed over me.--(Psalm 66:12)Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but Thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

(Isaiah 43:2)When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.


Ps 18:16 40:2 Eph 2:1-3 Ps 61:1,2 Jon 2:2,3 Ps 66:12 Isa 43:2




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: