Monday, August 16, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

08.16 Evening:

He is before all things.


The Amen, . . . the beginning of the creation of God.―The beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. . . . When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: when he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: when he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: . . . I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him.―Yea, before the day was I am he.

The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.―The author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Col 1:17 Re 3:14 Col 1:18 Pr 8:22,23,27-30 Isa 43:13 Re 13:8 Heb 12:2




Here it is again with the full verses and references

08.16 Evening:

(Colossians 1:17)And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.


(Revelation 3:14)And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;--(Colossians 1:18)And He is the head of the body, the church: Who is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.

(Proverbs 8:22,23)The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.--(Proverbs 8:27-30)When He prepared the heavens, I was there: when He set a compass upon the face of the depth: when He established the clouds above: when He strengthened the fountains of the deep: when He gave to the sea His decree, that the waters should not pass His commandment: when He appointed the foundations of the earth: then I was by Him, as one brought up with Him: and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before him;--(Isaiah 43:13)Yea, before the day was I am He; and there is none that can deliver out of My hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

(Revelation 13:8)And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him ["the dragon" Rev 13:4], whose names are not written in the book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.--(Hebrews 12:2)Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Col 1:17 Re 3:14 Col 1:18 Pr 8:22,23,27-30 Isa 43:13 Re 13:8 Heb 12:2
 
 
 

--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him
be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: