Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
08.24 Evening:
The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.―He that watereth shall be watered also himself.
My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto Life Eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.―The Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a Man that is an Householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into His vineyard. And when He had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, He sent them into His vineyard.
Preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season.―Occupy till I come.
I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Joh 9:4 Pr 13:4 Pr 11:25 Joh 4:34-36 Mt 20:1,2 2Ti 4:2 Lu 19:13 1Co 15:10
Here it is again with the full verses and references
08.24 Evening:
(Proverbs 13:4)The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.--(Proverbs 11:25)The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
(John 4:34-36)Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto Life Eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.--(Matthew 20:1,2)For the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a Man that is an Householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into His vineyard. And when He had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, He sent them into His vineyard.
(II Timothy 4:2)Preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.--(Luke 19:13)And He called His ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
(I Corinthians 15:10)But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment