Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
08.05 Evening:
Thy will be done.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.―Not as I will, but as thou wilt.―Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
We know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Ye know not what ye ask.―He gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.―These things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
I would have you without carefulness.―Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Mt 26:42 Jer 10:23 Mt 26:39 Ps 131:2 Ro 8:26,27 Mt 20:22 Ps 106:15 1Co 10:6 1Co 7:32 Isa 26:3
Here it is again with the full verses and references
08.05 Evening:
(Matthew 26:42)He went away
again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may
not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
(Jeremiah 10:23)O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.--(Matthew 26:39)And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.--(Psalm 131:2)Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
(Romans 8:26,27)Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(Matthew 20:22)But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.--(Psalm 106:15)And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.--(I Corinthians 10:6)Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
(I Corinthians 7:32)But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:--(Isaiah 26:3)Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Mt 26:42 Jer 10:23 Mt 26:39 Ps 131:2 Ro 8:26,27 Mt 20:22 Ps 106:15 1Co 10:6 1Co 7:32 Isa 26:3
08.05 Evening:
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.―Not as I will, but as thou wilt.―Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
We know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Ye know not what ye ask.―He gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.―These things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
I would have you without carefulness.―Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
08.05 Evening:
(Jeremiah 10:23)O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.--(Matthew 26:39)And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.--(Psalm 131:2)Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
(Romans 8:26,27)Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(Matthew 20:22)But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.--(Psalm 106:15)And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.--(I Corinthians 10:6)Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
(I Corinthians 7:32)But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:--(Isaiah 26:3)Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
--
Romans 5:1,2: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment