The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:1,2 Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Psalm 25
The Word for the day--
Psalm 141:1,2 A Psalm of David.
Lord, I cry unto Thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto Thee. Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
08.01 Morning:
By grace are ye saved through Faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the Gift of God.―Without Faith it is impossible to please Him.―He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.―Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.
Whoso keepeth His Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him.―Faith which worketh by love.―Faith without works is dead?
We walk by Faith, not by sight.―I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the flesh I live by the Faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.―Whom having not seen, ye love; in Whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your Faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Ga 5:22 Eph 2:8 Heb 11:6 Joh 3:18 Mr 9:24 1Jo 2:5 Ga 5:6 Jas 2:20 2Co 5:7 Ga 2:20 1Pe 1:8,9
Here it is again with the full verses and references
08.01 Morning:
(Ephesians 2:8)For by grace are ye saved through Faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the Gift of God:--(Hebrews 11:6)But without Faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.--(John 3:18)He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.--(Mark 9:24)And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.
(I John 2:5)But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.--(Galatians 5:6)For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.--(James 2:20)But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(II Corinthians 5:7)(For we walk by Faith, not by sight:)--(Galatians 2:20)I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the flesh I live by the Faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.--(I Peter 1:8,9)Whom having not seen, ye love; in Whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your Faith, even the salvation of your souls.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment