The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:1,2 Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
The Word for the day--
Psalm 86:4,5 Rejoice the Soul of Thy Servant: for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up My Soul. For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.
Hear the entire Psalm--
Psalm 86
A Prayer of David.
A Prayer of David.
Bow down Thine ear, O Lord, hear Me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve My Soul; for I am holy [cp.Acts 4:27;1 Pet 1:15,16]: O Thou My God, save Thy Servant that trusteth in Thee [cp. Isa 42:1-4]. Be merciful unto Me, O Lord: for I cry unto Thee daily. Rejoice the Soul of Thy Servant: for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up My Soul. For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee. Give ear, O Lord, unto My prayer; and attend to the Voice of My supplications. In the day of My trouble I will call upon Thee: for Thou wilt answer Me.
Among the gods there is none like unto Thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto Thy works. All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee, O Lord; and shall glorify Thy Name. For Thou art great, and doest wondrous things: Thou art God alone. Teach Me Thy Way, O Lord; I will walk in Thy Truth: unite My heart to fear Thy Name. I will praise Thee, O Lord My God, with all My heart: and I will glorify Thy Name for evermore. For great is Thy mercy toward Me: and Thou hast delivered My Soul from the lowest hell [cp. Ps 16:10; Acts 2:27-31]. O God, the proud are risen against Me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after My Soul; and have not set Thee before them. But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto Me, and have mercy upon Me; give Thy Strength unto Thy Servant, and save the Son of Thine handmaid [cp. Lk 1:38]. Shew Me a token for good; that they which hate Me may see it [cp.Ps 69:4; Jn 15:25], and be ashamed: because Thou, Lord, hast holpen Me, and comforted Me [cp. Isa 12].
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
08.02 Morning:
Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: . . . and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. . . . And when I see the blood, I will pass over you.―The blood of sprinkling.―Christ our passover is sacrificed for us.―Being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God.―According to His Own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.
We have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
Re 13:8 Ex 12:5-7,13 Heb 12:24 1Co 5:7 Ac 2:23 2Ti 1:9 Eph 1:7 1Pe 4:1,2
Here it is again with the full verses and references
08.02 Morning:
(Exodus 12:5-7)Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: and ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. . . .(Exodus 12:13)And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.--(Hebrews 12:24)And to Jesus the Mediator of the New Covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.--(I Corinthians 5:7)Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:--(Acts 2:23)Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:-- (II Timothy 1:9)Who hath saved us, and called us with an Holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
(Ephesians 1:7)In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;
(I Peter 4:1,2)Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment