Saturday, August 21, 2010

The LORD is gracious



The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:1,2 Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.


The Word for the day--
Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a Stumblingstone and Rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a Stumblingstone and Rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed."

Isaiah 8:11-18 For the Lord spake thus to Me with a strong hand, and instructed Me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying, Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid. Sanctify the Lord of hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread. And He shall be for a Sanctuary; but for a Stone of stumbling and for a Rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken. Bind up the Testimony, seal the Law among My disciples. And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth His face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for Him. Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given Me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Isaiah 28:16,17 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a Foundation a Stone, a tried Stone, a precious corner Stone, a sure Foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. Judgment also will I lay to the line, and Righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

I Peter 2:6-8 Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a Chief corner Stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe He is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the Stone which the builders disallowed, the Same is made the Head of the corner, and a Stone of stumbling, and a Rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the Word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

John 5:39 Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have Eternal Life: and they are they which testify of Me.

Again, the Word for the day--Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a Stumblingstone and Rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

08.21 Morning:

Thou art my Portion, O Lord.

All things are yours; ... and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.―Our Saviour Jesus Christ; ... gave Himself for us.―[God] gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church.―Christ . . . loved the church, and gave Himself for it; ... that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

My soul shall make her boast in the Lord.―I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of Salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of Righteousness.

Whom have I in Heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my Portion for ever.―O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to Thee.―The Lord is the Portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

Ps 119:57 1Co 3:21,23 Tit 2:13,14 Eph 1:22 5:25,27 Ps 34:2 Isa 61:10 Ps 73:25,26 Ps 16:2,5,6


Here it is again with the full verses and references

08.21 Morning:

(Psalm 119:57)Thou art my Portion, O Lord: I have said that I would keep Thy Words.


(I Corinthians 3:21)Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; ...(I Corinthians 3:23)And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.--(Titus 2:13,14)Looking for that blessed Hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.-- (Ephesians 1:22)And hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church,--(Ephesians 5:25)Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; ... (Ephesians 5:27)That He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be Holy and without blemish.

(Psalm 34:2)My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.--(Isaiah 61:10)I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of Salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of Righteousness, as a Bridegroom decketh Himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

(Psalm 73:25,26)Whom have I in Heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my Portion for ever.-- (Psalm 16:2)O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to Thee; ... (Psalm 16:5,6)The Lord is the Portion of Mine inheritance and of My cup: Thou maintainest My lot. The lines are fallen unto Me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

Ps 119:57 1Co 3:21,23 Tit 2:13,14 Eph 1:22 5:25,27 Ps 34:2 Isa 61:10 Ps 73:25,26 Ps 16:2,5,6



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.




Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: