Friday, August 27, 2010

The LORD is gracious



The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:1,2 Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Psalm 25


The Word for the day--
Psalm 55:16,17 As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

08.27 Morning:

Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.


By the Word of Thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer. Hold up my goings in Thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.―When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. For the commandment is a Lamp; and the Law is Light.―Thine ears shall hear a Word behind thee, saying, This is the Way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life.―We have also a . . . sure Word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a Light that shineth in a dark place.―Now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.―They need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them Light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Psa 119:105 17:4,5 Pr 6:22,23 Isa 30:21 Joh 8:12 2Pe 1:19 1Co 13:12 Re 22:5


Here it is again with the full verses and references

08.27 Morning:


(Psalm 119:105)Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path.


(Psalm 17:4,5)Concerning the works of men, by the Word of Thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer. Hold up my goings in Thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.--(Proverbs 6:22,23)When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. For the commandment is a Lamp; and the Law is Light; and reproofs of instruction are the Way of Life:--(Isaiah 30:21)And thine ears shall hear a Word behind thee, saying, This is the Way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

(John 8:12)Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life.--(II Peter 1:19)We have also a more sure Word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a Light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the Day Star arise in your hearts:--(I Corinthians 13:12)For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.--(Revelation 22:5)And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them Light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.


Psa 119:105 17:4,5 Pr 6:22,23 Isa 30:21 Joh 8:12 2Pe 1:19 1Co 13:12 Re 22:5



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.



Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.


--
 
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


No comments: