Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The LORD is gracious



The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:1,2 Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Psalm 25


The Word for the day--
Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is My salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is My strength and My song; He also is become My salvation.

Hear the entire chapter--
 
Isaiah 12:1-6 And in that day Thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise Thee: though Thou wast angry with Me, Thine anger is turned away, and Thou comfortedst Me. Behold, God is My salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is My strength and My song; He also is become My salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw Water out of the Wells of Salvation.

And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon His Name, declare His doings among the people, make mention that His Name is exalted. Sing unto the Lord; for He hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.



Again, the Word for the day--Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is My salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is My strength and My song; He also is become My salvation.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

08.31 Morning:

The Free Gift is of many offences unto justification.

Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.―I, even I, am He that blotteth out Thy transgressions for Mine Own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Put Me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.―I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.

God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have Everlasting Life.―Not as the offence, so also is the Free Gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the Gift by grace, which is by One Man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.―And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Ro 5:16 Isa 1:18 43:25,26 44:22 Joh 3:16 Ro 5:15 1Co 6:11


Here it is again with the full verses and references

08.31 Morning:

(Romans 5:16)And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the Gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the Free Gift is of many offences unto justification.


(Isaiah 1:18)Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.--(Isaiah 43:25,26)I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine Own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Put Me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.--(Isaiah 44:22)I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.

(John 3:16)For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have Everlasting Life.--(Romans 5:15)But not as the offence, so also is the Free Gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the Gift by grace, which is by One Man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.--(I Corinthians 6:11)And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Ro 5:16 Isa 1:18 43:25,26 44:22 Joh 3:16 Ro 5:15 1Co 6:11



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.



Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him
be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


No comments: