Thursday, September 9, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

09.09 Evening:


My feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.


When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.

The Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not.

A just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again.―Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.―He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.―Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Ps 73:2 94:18 Lu 22:31,32 Pr 24:16 Ps 37:24 Mic 7:8 Job 5:19 1Jo 2:1 Heb 7:25


Here it is again with the full verses and references

09.09 Evening:

(Psalm 73:2)But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.


(Psalm 94:18)When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.

(Luke 22:31,32)And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

(Proverbs 24:16)For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.--(Psalm 37:24)Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

(Micah 7:8)Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.--(Job 5:19)He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

(I John 2:1)My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:--(Hebrews 7:25)Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Ps 73:2 94:18 Lu 22:31,32 Pr 24:16 Ps 37:24 Mic 7:8 Job 5:19 1Jo 2:1 Heb 7:25






--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


No comments: