Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
09.10 Evening:
When I am weak, then am I strong.―My God shall be My strength.―He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.―Let him take hold of My strength.
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee.―The arms of his hands were made strong by the Hands of the mighty God of Jacob.
I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me.
Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the Name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, Whom thou hast defied.―Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
Isa 40:31 2Co 12:10 Isa 49:5 2Co 12:9 Isa 27:5 Ps 55:22 Ge 49:24 32:26 1Sa 17:45 Ps 35:1,2
Here it is again with the full verses and references
09.10 Evening:
(II Corinthians 12:10)Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.--(Isaiah 49:5)And now, saith the Lord that formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, to bring Jacob again to Him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and My God shall be My strength.--(II Corinthians 12:9)And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.--(Isaiah 27:5)Or let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me.
(Psalm 55:22)Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.--(Genesis 49:24)But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the Hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel:)
(Genesis 32:26)And He said, Let Me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me.
(I Samuel 17:45)Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the Name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, Whom thou hast defied.--(Psalm 35:1,2)A Psalm of David. Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment