Thursday, September 2, 2010

"He hath done"



Psalm 22

To the Chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.

My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me? why art Thou so far from helping Me, and from the Words of My roaring? O My God, I cry in the daytime, but Thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But Thou art Holy, O Thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in Thee: they trusted, and Thou didst deliver them. They cried unto Thee, and were delivered: they trusted in Thee, and were not confounded. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see Me laugh Me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the Lord that He would deliver Him: let Him deliver Him, seeing He delighted in Him. But Thou art He that took Me out of the womb: Thou didst make Me hope when I was upon My mother's breasts. I was cast upon Thee from the womb: Thou art My God from My mother's belly.

Be not far from Me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed Me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset Me round. They gaped upon Me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all My bones are out of joint: My heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of My bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and My tongue cleaveth to My jaws; and Thou hast brought Me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed Me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed Me: they pierced My hands and My feet. I may tell all My bones: they look and stare upon Me. They part My garments among them, and cast lots upon My vesture. But be not Thou far from Me, O Lord: O My Strength, haste Thee to help Me. Deliver My soul from the Sword; My darling from the power of the dog. Save Me from the lion's mouth: for Thou hast heard Me from the horns of the unicorns. 

I will declare Thy Name unto My brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee. Ye that fear the Lord, praise Him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; and fear Him, all ye the seed of Israel. For He hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the Afflicted; neither hath He hid His Face from Him; but when He cried unto Him, He heard. My praise shall be of Thee in the great congregation: I will pay My vows before them that fear Him. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee. For the Kingdom is the Lord's: and He is the Governor among the nations. All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before Him: and none can keep alive his own soul. A Seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come, and shall declare His Righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that He hath done this.



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: