Monday, September 6, 2010

The LORD is gracious


The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:8,9 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will He teach sinners in the Way. The meek will He guide in Judgment: and the meek will He teach His Way.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 92:13-15 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; to shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Hear the entire Psalm--


"Thou, LORD, art Most High for evermore"


Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--


"Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; to shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him."


Isaiah 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Hebrews 3:5,6 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; but Christ as a Son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Psalm 52:8 But I am like a green ["flourishing" Ps 92:14] olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

III John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth [cp.Jer 31:12].


Deuteronomy 32:1-4 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.



Again, the Word for the day--Psalm 92:13-15 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; to shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

09.06 Morning:

Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the Heavens.


Who is like unto the Lord our God, Who dwelleth on High, Who humbleth Himself to behold the things that are in Heaven, and in the earth!―Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up My soul.―I stretch forth My hands unto Thee: My soul thirsteth after Thee, as a thirsty land. . . . Hide not Thy Face from Me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause Me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the Way wherein I should walk; for I lift up My soul unto Thee.

Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise Thee. Thus will I bless Thee while I live: I will lift up My hands in Thy Name.―Rejoice the soul of Thy Servant: for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up My soul. For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.

Whatsoever ye shall ask in My Name, that will I do.

La 3:41 Ps 113:5,6 25:1 143:6-8 63:3,4 86:4,5 Joh 14:13


Here it is again with the full verses and references

09.06 Morning:

(Lamentations 3:41)Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the Heavens.


(Psalm 113:5,6)Who is like unto the Lord our God, Who dwelleth on High, Who humbleth Himself to behold the things that are in Heaven, and in the earth!--(Psalm 25:1) Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up My soul.--(Psalm 143:6-8)I stretch forth My hands unto Thee: My soul thirsteth after Thee, as a thirsty land. Selah. Hear Me speedily, O Lord: My Spirit faileth: hide not Thy Face from Me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause Me to know the Way wherein I should walk; for I lift up My soul unto Thee.

(Psalm 63:3,4)Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise Thee. Thus will I bless Thee while I live: I will lift up My hands in Thy Name.--(Psalm 86:4,5)Rejoice the soul of Thy Servant: for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up My soul. For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.

(John 14:13)And whatsoever ye shall ask in My Name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

La 3:41 Ps 113:5,6 25:1 143:6-8 63:3,4 86:4,5 Joh 14:13



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.




Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him
be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: